Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Introduction to Blogs

Though I may not be the most technologically savvy person in the world, even an aspiring print journalist and self-considered dinosaur like myself can set up a blog.

Last Week I established an online story homepage. While I admit some difficulty in my initial foray into Wordpad, Puttying, Fetching and img src-ing, I found this process of creating and formatting a Web site to be quite useful; even if I can't claim mastery of these skills yet, I can now talk the talk and understand -- at least on a basic level -- the inner-stitchings of the Internet.

Certainly it is easier using a program like Blogger to set up a Web page. That said, I think there is added value in exposure to the process of coding pages. For having done both, I feel like a much more well-rounded dinosaur.

No comments:

Post a Comment