Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My First Experience with HTML...



...did not go as planned.

I can easily blame my MacBook, but I won't do that. I know that if I had tried to do my assignment on a PC, I would have found some different sort of way to run into a problem. However despite all the road blocks I hit while trying to create my own website, in the end something happened that I totally didn't expect. I started to have fun.

I can't believe it, but even though HTML code looks like a bunch of madness, once I learned how to read it I became completely enthralled with the process. "Fetch" became my best friend, and I couldn't stop changing the color of my homepage or the font of all the text. I even changed my picture at least 4 times.

Take it from me, understanding HTML code is definitely a good skill to have. Even though I only created quite possibly the most plain, simplistic website ever, the knowledge I acquired in that process I can tell that from here the sky is the limit.

That being said...

...creating this Blogger account was way easier than anything I have ever had to do, especially including the creation of my own web page using HTML. Therefore, if learning HTML does not interest you, let Blogger do it all for you! Having experienced all aspects of this online culture for the first time now, I feel it is essential that one have knowledge of at least one of the mediums.

Here, check out my personal website creation

No comments:

Post a Comment